The next big thing for Drupal is eCommerce. Drupal is well prepared to meet that challenge, with Drupal Commerce, a flexible framework developed from the ground up on Drupal 7, relying on powerful modules such as Views as Rules. On top of Drupal Commerce sits Commerce Kickstart, the most popular Drupal distribution, built specifically for eCommerce.
In this talk we will build a store aimed at the worldwide market, taking into account a wide range of problems and considerations.
- What Commerce Kickstart is, what it offers, and how it can help you get a basic store up and running very quickly.
- Translating the store interface, content and products.
- Working with multiple currencies.
- Choosing the right payment provider.
- Taxes, and how they can vary based on where the store and the customer are located.
- Discounts, and how they fit with taxes.
The community has been hard at work for several years, identifying the difficult problems faced by merchants and their developers, gathering knowledge and developing solutions.
Learn how their efforts are allowing us to think bigger, address new markets, and solve new problems. And start getting excited, because Commerce without borders means Drupal without borders!
David is a specialist Drupal Consultant with a wide range of both technical and business knowledge. His experience includes using Drupal for eCommerce, as a media delivery platform, a social network, and in the education environment. David also has an in-depth knowledge of European VAT for eCommerce.